Cleaning & Maintenance
eazy Aquaclean HD
Non-caustic alkaline detergent
eazy Aquaclean HD is a concentrated heavy duty alkaline detergent for effective removal of stubborn deposits.
Request Safety Data Sheet
Download Product Data Sheet
eazy Aquaclean HD is a heavy duty water based alkaline cleaner and degreaser designed for use in conditions requiring effective removal of oily deposits.
It is environmentally sensitive, does not contain petroleum solvents and is suitable for hydrocarbon-free cleaning.
Product can be used for cleaning vegetable, animal and mineral oils/petroleum products after cargo discharge and is ideal for removing inert gas soot deposits (IGS) from cargo tanks.
Product has been tested by Marinfloc and approval status is granted as “Can Be Separated”. Contact tech[email protected] or Marinfloc directly for specific details.
In accordance with MARPOL Annex II Regulation 13.5.2 and MEPC.1/Circ.590, Tank Cleaning Additives Guidance Note and Reporting Form, eazy Aquaclean HD is approved as a cargo tank cleaning additive.
- Does not contain nonyl phenol ethoxylates
- Low order of toxicity
- Water based / Non flammable
- Suitable for use on epoxy/polyurethane coatings and stainless steel (not suitable on Aluminium, Magnesium or Zinc Silicate)
- Effective traffic film remover
- May be used in ultrasonic cleaning applications
Product must not be used with non-ferrous metals such as Zinc, Aluminium, Tin etc.
Product should be applied as a 5 to 10% solution in water to soiled surfaces by brushing or spraying, allowing at least 15 to 30 minutes for it to penetrate the soiled parts. The cleaning effect is maximized when used with hot water. After cleaning items should be rinsed well with water.
Product can also be used in a 10 to 15% solution of fresh water for use in all ultrasonic cleaning tanks. The cleaning time will vary and will depend on the degree of soiled deposition. Heating the solution to 50 to 60°C will enhance the cleaning effect.
Cargo Hold Cleaning:
After discharge of cargo, and depending on severity of deposition, a 2 to 10% solution with water should be applied onto dry surfaces by low pressure spray. Allow product to penetrate for about 15 minutes (but do not allow to dry) before rinsing off with water using highest pressure available. If a light powder dusting is still evident after drying we recommend a light rinse be applied using 0.5% solution with water.
- Flush tanks with seawater to remove remaining cargo to slop. (MARPOL 78/73)
- Prewash tanks with clean water increasing temperature to 50-60oC for 2-10 hours depending on tank size to aid removal of oily-mud and residues on the tank surface/coating. For drying or semi-drying oils prewash with cold water.
- For “Direct Injection” use product at a 2-5% solution in clean water.
- For “Recirculation” use product at a 3-5% solution in clean water.
- Clean for 2-8 hours increasing temperature (see following) for maximum cleaning effect.
- Maximum permitted cleaning temperatures varies (check & verify with cargo owner) and burning must be avoided. For example, Palm Oil residues are normally cleaned at temperature 55-65°C. For hydrogenated oils containing stearic acid with a melting point of around 70°C, a temperature between 72-77°C is normally required. Higher temperatures can “bake-on” residues rather than removing them making subsequent removal extremely difficult.
- Drain and flush tanks with large amount of warm seawater for at least 2 hours to remove any remaining chemical residues.
- Drain and flush tanks with clean fresh water to remove salts.
- Mop and dry.
Tank Spot Cleaning:
This method is used to remove stubborn CPP and hydrocarbons residues after main tank cleaning operation has been conducted.
- If possible heat either a neat or a 20-50% solution of product and apply by spray to affected areas.
- Allow product to soak for 30 minutes but DO NOT allow to dry.
- Rinse well using available high pressure equipment or by performing a re-circulation using clean fresh water.
- For persistent deposits both mechanical action (scrubbing) and heat will be required.
Boiler Degreasing/Pre-Commission Cleaning:
Product should be used at 5-10% concentration in water (ideally with condensate or if not available fresh) depending on the anticipated degree of contamination.
Heat solution up to 60°C and circulate. Each chemical cleaning cycle lasts for approximately 6 to 24 hours.
When cleaning is complete, the unit is slowly cooled and the alkaline solution is drained to the waste tank.
If no other cleaning is required, this step should be followed by water flushing and steam blowing, in accordance to the equipment manufacturers guidelines, to remove loose debris remaining in the system. Flushing with intermediate blowdown should be continued until flush water conductivity is ideally below 50 mhos.
This step should be repeated if organic or residual oil-based contaminants are still found upon inspection.
Alkaline cleaning must follow the procedures that system’s manufacturer specifies for their specific equipment. However, for illustrative purposes a boiler may be fired at a low rate of around 60°C, but not necessarily enough to establish positive circulation. Boil-out pressure is usually half the operating pressure. Several times during the boilout, half of the boiler water would be blown down as shown on the gauge glass through the bottom blowdown valves. Alternate valves are used where there is more than one blowdown connection. The boiler is refilled with same concentration of product close to the top of the glass after each blow.
Whilst separate cleaning may be considered for superheaters and reheaters they may be protected by backfilling with a properly treated condensate.
Health and Safety
Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet and Product Label for specific information.
Limitation of Liability
Eazychem’s standard terms and conditions of sale, available on request, apply and contain limitations on any liability that may be incurred by Eazychem arising in any way from the sale and use of products supplied by Eazychem.
This could be the start of a beautiful relationship. We know our business and we would love to hear about yours. Get in touch below.
Got a Question?
Got a question? Hopefully we have the answers.